Friday, September 6, 2013

Sandra Says We're Stoopid

. . . and she's right!

Former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Conner is lamenting the alarming degree of public ignorance. I couldn't agree more.

I have often said, "the more you know, the less influence you have." Why? Because my fellow Americans, on average, are less and less able to have a general conversation about most subjects. What often happens is a parroting of sound bytes picked up from Twitter, or someone's Facebook post, or some TV comedy host like Jay Leno or John Stewart. Even Stewart has urged viewers to read newspapers and watch real tv news broadcasts, and NOT to think his comedy show is real news.

I have more and more friends who roll their eyes and rubber stamp anything the current White House administration does, without regard to the implications.

More on this when I have time.

Sandy, you said it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment